From:
Nan and Sandy Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 08:22:45 -0500
Folks who adopt ferrets with the intention of giving these loving animals
a forever home - HOWEVER - no one can predict the future - we don't know
if we will loose our jobs, our health or whatever.  Given dire straits -
folks need to decide what is best for their beloved animals.  It could
be better to give them up to a shelter, work out with the vet to pay
bills, or whatever.  The main thing is the animals' welfare.  The
animals give us all they can, the least we can do is give them the care
and love in return.  If we are too oppressed to properly discharge our
responsibilities, we should seek help, from God, friends, professionals,
and/or whom ever can give aid.  The main thing to consider is the welfare
of your companion animals ...

I would love to own more ferrets - but I don't believe I can give proper
care and afford medical expenses for more ferrets.  I share my life with
two fun-loving, healthy ferrets that Barb Clay allowed me to adopt from
her shelter.

Nan and Jubal and Early