From:
Michelle Lewin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2009 11:56:23 +1300
I had posted Jess's concerns with her permission to the FML, replies
and advice has been considered and some taken on board based on
relevance and an improvement has occurred. Oska is an entire male 18
Months old and it appears it is a hormone issue and a couple of other
factors. He has seen a vet too.

Jess is going to have him neutered as he won't be used for any more
breeding.

I wish to thank all who sent emails personally or posted to the FML so
others could read and work out for themselves which methods best apply
to individual ferrets. The help is appreciated and I give my thanks for
people stepping up and helping out

We take all advice on merit and sift through it for logic, experience,
genuine, and discard that which we believe is incorrect.

Jess doesn't flick his nose as a rule but rather as some here do,
sometimes scruffs and flicks under the chin.

As the nose is very sensitive it is a good place when a ferret bites
aggressively to the gums to get a quicker release.

Remember a ferret is capable of biting through a leather welding glove,
through a mans thumb nail to the bone, and can do so repeatedly,
especially if alarmed or in pain.

Again thanks for offering help it is appreciated

To all the furries and loving owners and carers, furhuggles from the
Kiwi Clan

Michelle

Missing Latte Shorty Ash Siteva Chocolate Chrony Argon Shawnee
(Supermum) and the littles who didn't get a naming.

Loving the "Clan"