From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2006 13:30:17 -0700
(I would have responded to this sooner but just now getting time to read
the last two weeks of the FML!)

"but I swear Danny is getting INTO it somewhere somehow because when I
flip the thing over (the bottom cloth has been long gone) he is nowhere
to be seen & I can't get him to come to me to put him in the cage for the
night when I can't find him!  Any tips would be greatly appreciated!"

Years ago my ferrets were getting inside the sofa.  And one day, one of
them came out with blood around his eye.  I rushed him to the vet and
soon realized that he must have caught his eye on a furniture staple
inside the sofa.  His eye had to be completely removed.  When I got
home that day I dragged both the sofa and loveseat to the curb.

PLEASE - before something similar happens to this ferret or one of the
others - do what I did.  Get rid of this sofa and get a ferret-safe futon
instead.  Others I have heard have successfully blocked their ferrets
from entering their sofas were sturdy fabric or by remove the sofa legs
and having it rest on the ground.  Just please do something before
something happens.

Laura and the Seattle Seven at www.ferretocious.com

PS: here's a picture of poor Eddy after his eye was removed -
www.ferretocious.com/eddy/eddy5B.jpg  D

PPS: I have two deaf fuzzies and sometimes it is hard to locate them when
they're off snoozing.  What I've done is put super cozy sleep pouches in
my closet - and 90% of the time that's where they're found.