From:
Cindy Scheidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jun 2005 11:56:06 EDT
Two nights ago one of our ferrets, Frannie died.  I am questioning so
many things I did or did not do.  I feel that this Hemangiosarcoma should
have been found before it was.  Frannie had been to the vets 4 visits
before she died.  I am questioning as to if I have a vet that is well
learned regarding ferrets.  Blood work was not done until the day she
died, even though she had been seen 3 other times.  Films were also done
on that day and the mass was seen on the films.

I question why blood work was not done on the first visit to see what was
happening.  She was first seen on May 25th.  I really feel that I need to
find a vet that has more experience with ferrets.  We miss our Frannie,
she just turned 5 years of age and was our first ferret.

If anyone has suggestions, please post on the FML or email me at

Thanks, Cindy