From:
Chris Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1993 00:01:43 -0500
There does not seem to have been any interruptions in FML delivery -
there were no issues on Dec. 27 or 28, but there weren't any incoming
articles for the corresponding "interval" (Dec 26 5am thru Dec 28 5am)
at all.

I note that someone sent the instructions for the penet.fi anon server
through the list.  First, it would have been easier to simply send
instructions on how to retrieve it.  Secondly, I am not going to accept
anon-server submissions on the list.  I believe very strongly in the
assurance of anonymity thru ferret-anon-list submission for FFZ reasons.
But I also believe very strongly in accountability and audit trail in
the case of postings that cause problems for non-FFZ reasons.  Such
as inappropriate postings, copyright violation, libel etc.

So, if you were considering using the penet.fi server, please don't.