From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 1997 02:10:31 +0000
Hello Again,

I have to make up for lost time.

As for the MF debate brewing.  I have to agree with Bill K.  The pet stores
don't have enough responsibility to help out here unfortunately.  I knew
someone in Houston, very involved with ferrets, who worked at a local chain
of pet stores.  The stores hired a man to deliver the ferrets from the depot
to each store.  The stores orders were put together, and he just grabbed the
right number of ferrets for each store.  And even though this chain had the
registration cards from MF, I never saw one until I had gotten my 3rd ferret
from them.

Besides, corporate America is built on the bottom line.  And the bottom line
is that MF *or* the pet stores wouldn't be making money on this.  It is sad
but true.

And this country is home to a number of dog breeds which have been changed
to look good and in the process has ruined their health.  And that is
acceptable.

Now, Margaret is off of her soap box.

Celia Varga posted for a friend.  I will email the friend, but also wanted
to say that this is exactly what Ollie went through at the begining of the
year.  We never did find a definitive cause for the illness, but thought it
might be a parasitic related illness.  I did treat him as for giardia and he
became much better.  But that was only after almost 2 months of duck soup
and pedialyte, flagyl treatments and antibiotics.  Nothing helped much until
I used an herbal treatment for giardia, grapefruit seed extract.  He was
very weak, had the same funny poops and lost a lot of weight.

Tasha-sounds like Squirt is just a cuddle bunny.  My own Miss Sadie is like
this most of the time.  She is a shelter kid.  Tonight mom was down in the
dumps and tearing up and Miss Sadie just sat on my chest and cleaned my face
for half an hour.  And I carry her around with me when I pick up and stuff.
She loves it.  And yes, they do lose that energy after they get a little
older.  Thank goodness, or they would surely rule the world!

Tall cages-well, mine never fell inside the cage, but I did have a 6ft tall
cage in their room and they used to jump off the thing about a third down
from the top.  Miss Stella loved to climb it, Mom worried about it and so
now the cage is residing empty in the garage!

Bill-ok, I will admit to some strange hours for watching tv too.  Saw an old
episode of Wild Wild West that had some ferrets in it.  Of course, they just
called them lab animals that had been exposed to a deadly virus.  Can't
someone get the Hollywood guys behind the ferret fight since they use them
in so many movies and such?  LOL!

Donelle, Christian, and Sebastian-well, you might have Celtic blood yet.  My
relatives settled Oklahoma in the early 1800's, traded with the Native
Americans there.  In what is now Laflore County.  Getting the idea?  Plus, a
lot of NA's married Irish settlers too {according to my rather belligerant
Pottowatomie (egads, I cannot remember how to spell that) friend who is
FINALLY on the fml}.

Don't worry folks, she understands my humor and besides, she's meaner than I
am!!

Margaret, who is NOT responsible for her spelling
After all, she is a trained journalist