From:
Krazy Kritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 01:56:07 -0500
FMLer's
This past Tuesday night I was horrible awakened from bed when my cat and one
of my ferrets battled it out.  Well since the cat was a 20 lb. cat needle ss
to say the ferret lost.  Now she's all bandaged up.  She suffered from two
puncher wounds, one directly above the right shoulder blade and the second
lower also on the right side.  So far the vet says that she could regain use
of her hind legs.  She has moved them while washing her to clean her from
the urine and feces from not being able to walk to the liter box right now.
Since she can't move much I have to feed and water her by hand and she's on
lancocin twice a day.  Obviously her right front leg is weaker but she can
still move herself around somewhat.  Her legs periodically move when I hold
her.  They mostly just move widely as if she has no real control over them.
Also when I try to get her to use the litter box by holding her in there she
will only move her legs as if to get out of the box.  The vet says se needs
to stay bandaged for at least three days which does hinder her movement of
her for-legs.  Have any of you gone thought anything similar?  Is there
something more I could be doing for her?  I'm not sure that the vet is very
experienced with ferrets since he did say they only have like 7 in the
office but he's probably one of the more ferret experienced vets here.  I've
consulted with my vet back in WA from where I just move and he seems to
agree with this vet so that helped.  But there must be something more I can
do to help her.  Any thoughts, suggestions or stories of encouragement would
be great!

Matthew and his ferret kritters Peanut and injured Bijoux =(