From:
AarrowRanch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2007 07:27:25 -0400
Yesterday I posted about a couple negative points I saw in the show,
that was otherwise most excellent. Today I got an e-mail from a person
that has a very healthy double digit number of ferrets, both young and
old and here is what was said:

I agree with you about the sheet tossing. I couldn't believe they
actually did that. Not very responsible. The ferret didn't appear to
enjoy it at all. I know I wouldn't. Bowling with ferrets is also very
dangerous. I have one here with a pin in his leg cause his previous
owners did just that, and he crashed into the wall. People don't
realize how dangerous these activities are for the ferrets. Broken
bones and back injuries are not cute. These people consider themselves
ferret lovers, but are acting irresponsible. They need to grow up.
Otherwise I really enjoyed the show. The biting incidents weren't too
good either. Makes ferrets look vicious. At least it might keep people
from running out and buying them. Oh well, I guess we can't agree on
everything that goes on. I'm sure there are those that wouldn't like
everything I do.

I agree with this statement fully. Again, the show was most excellent.
The biting part is part of owning a ferret. One has to consider they
are an animal and these animals do have traits that are not always
good, just as a cat that is wiping out the song birds in the USA and
dogs that leave 'gifts' all over for us to step in as well as they
too will bite. They all are just animals and don't know better.

One scene on the show was the woman shuffling about with the ferrets
under foot. A most excellent display of how to move with multiple ferts
about where they will get under a heavy foot and get badly hurt. I wish
we could have traded off the sheet tossing, ferret bowling, and tub
trapping with dialogue on proper food and litter these animals REQUIRE
to survive well in life. What's done is done, we can only strive to
help fix the damage and reinforce the positives. Ferret owners always
have their job cut out for them!

Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia 23111