From:
CYNTHIA JEAN MOSCH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 1996 11:45:31 -0700
Here is a posting to emphasize the importance of waiting in a vet clinic
after ANY vaccination in ANY ferret- even ones that have not previously
shown any reactions when given the same vaccines on earlier occasions!

On Friday afternoon I took Halley (5 yr.  old female cinnamon) to the vet to
get her annual distemper and rabies vaccinations.  She was given the same
vaccines as always before (fervac & imrab) but this time within 15 minutes
was violently vomiting, losing control of her bladder & bowels, and then had
trouble breathing to the point where she was tuning blue/purple in gums &
mouth!  Very scary!  Fortunately we were still in the clinic (waiting for
x-rays for Tika, 1 yr.  old siamese ferret, who I brought along for the
appt.  because she was showing gastrointestinal distress @ the time- another
story altogether...) so appropriate counter measures were immediately give
for the reaction.  This consisted of injections of antihistamine &
cortisone.  During the past 5 yrs.  I have ALWAYS WAITED at least 1/2 hr.
after vaccinations & this really hit home for me how important that is.  I
would never have suspected that Halley might suddenly suffer such as
reaction since she had always been fine in the past...

best in fuzz to everyone!
Cyndi and the fuzz entourage:
 Mike (espousal fuzz co-conspirator)
 Halley, Rikki, Tika, & Tavia