From:
Lise O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 11:15:45 PDT
Hello everyone!  I am hoping someone could give me advise or just peace of
mind.  3-1/2 out of 5 ferrets (I'll explain in a moment)tend to do their
thing on my carpet instead of in their litter boxes (several located
throughout the apt.).  Two of my ferrets will even go along side the box as
opposed to in the box.

The fourth ferret is split.  Sometimes she will do as the baby does (use the
box) sometimes she'll follow the example of the three older kids (use the
floor).

Could someone out there please advise me as to how to a) prevent these
"misses" from occuring and b) the best item to use to clean the carpet?
Also, must I worry about the carpet being damaged?  What I mean is, will I
have to replace the carpet and padding such as I would for cat and dog
messes?  (Oh, I am *blessed* in having light carpet) I have tried different
litters (I am presently using the Arm & Hammer brand), and, well, no luck.

Any bit of advise will be most welcome.

Thanks-Lise

p.s.  I am still waiting for the message from the guy who sells Stove Chow
to quote me prices.  It's been almost a week.  Whoever first posted the
email address to this company, could you please either post it again or
email it to me directly?  Thanks again.