From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 15:16:43 -0400
>Sorry, Ela.  I am too rushed and still too upset about the AOL jerks
>to stick to short sentences.  I know you are right about that, though.

Jennifer: if you mean that the baldness is over the sacrum then that's a
common place for adrenal baldness.  This isn't necessarily as terrible as
it may seem; there are approaches.  See the webpages I mentioned in my
other post and go there.  Also, read up on megasplenaly and helicobacter
while you are there.  We've had a ferret with such a huge spleen that we
had to massage it and had to help things pass into the descending colon
but treatment for helicobacter took it down to almost normal.  Also see
compounding pharmacy info.

Pertwee: at his age I doubt this is involved, but after I let people know
that 'Chopper had confusing wasting with unknown cause until hypertrophic
cardiomyopathy was found (not the common type and not easy to diagnose)
then responded well to treatment as long as her terminal condition (the
heart disease) allowed -- complete with happy activity right up to the end
and no more wasting.  I had several others here contact me with the same
situation.  It doesn't seem to be common and they weren't kits, but it's
something to file in your memory.  (BTW, name from John Pertwee?)

Game: daleks: take a light basin or tightly woven basket and place ferret
underneath (if ferret doesn't go in on own which it probably will).  Ferret
will move around laughing, with some blind crashing into things and only
the little feet showing.  You should have seen some visitors when an
upended wicker wastebasket once dashed form the kitchen and right past
them.  Do not confuse game with later B.C.  turtle in which there is a
head hole.

Mary and Eric plan to try to keep thing together and continue Modern Ferret
and people out here are doing what can be done to help, so don't lose hope,
yet!  Buy the magazine!  Tell your favorite bookstores and news stands that
you want to buy it there!  Save a reliable source of information which can
save your ferret's life!  Hey, run some BIG ads if you have a ferret or pet
related business!

Spot had his own BFF toy, as did Ruffle and Meltie.  Meltie didn't do
anything strange that I can recall.  Ruffle used to position her's with the
face in food of water dishes, and would show us where it's "belly-belly"
was when we asked.  When Spot had consumed enough treat and knew we
wouldn't give more he'd take his to the treat location and then he'd bump
us and indicate that the toy was there.  Sure, like we believed the toy
wanted a raisin -- well, maybe a few times.  He'd also take it to favorite
spots, especially next to Steve's side of the bed.  In warm weather it
would go in an old garbage can reserved for it, but in cold weather he
would tuck it with the covers!!!!!!  It was bigger than he was, but he'd
take it by the ear and his little bum would jiggle as he ran down the hall
with it.

Michelle, I am sorry things went badly for Roscoe and you.  Of course, you
can cremate him.  Do what's right for you now.  Other's opinions don't
matter in this.  Don't doubt that he knew you love him; he always knew.

No flame: distemper can CAUSE aggressive behavior.  It may be no
coincidence that you got a dying ferret with distemper and that it was
aggressive.

Bob put down that he is wondering if a certain very large publisher or one
of its employees might be connected with the downright horrid and unfounded
things on AOL about a tiny but responsible publisher.  Have to say that I
have wondered, too, though I am not convinced at this point.  It is sure a
possibility which I can't offhand discount but have no hard knowledge one
way or the other.  IF there are employees there doing this then if it is a
responsible company then it will fire them without any severance.  Any
responsible company does this, and does it FAST when an employee CREATES
a situation which causes suits; it then apologies.  (Anyone listening?)
Whether an employee of that company is involved or not, someone who is very
destructive is doing something which ultimately hurts us all and folks here
should either just turn their backs on them or tell them they are
destructive nasties and THEN turn their backs on them.  Slime campaign
people are NOT worth your time.  I think that the other company should see
if its employees are involved and act accordingly, but if that can't be
proven by their executives then we should ALL still work to disarm the
people who are sliming over AOL (or anywhere else since it's beneath us and
terrible and hurts us all).  Hey, maybe Bob will be their next target,
maybe I will, maybe YOU will!  PEOPLE LIKE THAT CAN'T BE TRUSTED.  They'll
turn on you, too, if they think it gets them an audience.  That's why you
HAVE to turn your backs to them even if you yell at them first.  Heck, I
expect that if AOL and the animal discussion/site-host corporate offices
learn about what's been happening they will realize that a few individuals
are putting them in a position which might create a law suit.  To be honest
I wouldn't cry crocodile tears if those nasty individuals creating this
wound up with any future pay garnished in a lawsuit for any harm caused.
That sounds hard, but they have been spreading slimy lies and saying things
to which they should never have had access about Modern Ferret (not
necessarily founded things, though one panned out) and no one told them
that they MUST act like destructive creeps who take the food from the
mouths of people who work enormous hours to help ferrets and to help us.
If the slime campaigners think that others should lose their business due
to slimers' lies then they might as well lose their own income because of
the truth and because they themselves created the slander.  Go ahead, tell
the slimers what you think of them but DO TURN YOUR BACKS ON THEM.  They
earned that for themselves and by themselves!