From:
"Mary R. Shefferman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 10:53:28 -0400
Julie wrote:
>Given the symptoms and what happened during treatment, the vets feel it
>is most likely a neurological condition caused by compression on a nerve
>from sleeping in the wrong position for too long.  The emergency vet
>said that this sometimes clears up within a few days, but is sometimes
>permanent.
>
>Has anybody dealt with this sort of compression injury before?
>Julie

Twice our Gabby had vaccine reactions (once to Fervac and once to
Purevax).  Both times she ended up with minor nerve damage/hind end
weakness.  She recovered completely.  It did take a few days, though,
and it was scary waiting for her to heal.  We've had other ferrets have
vaccine reactions, but none had this type of problem afterwards.  Give
Pepper a few days to get back to normal.  Hopefully she'll recover and
be good as new.

--Mary & the Fuzzies

Mary R. Shefferman, Editor, Modern Ferret Magazine
Trixie, Koosh, & Gabby, The Modern Ferrets
Read my blog! http://www.modernferretblog.com/mary
See my cool stuff! http://www.topicaltees.com