From:
Sherry Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 00:16:56 -0400
Hello to all the fuzzballs and their humans :)

Well, we went to the vet tonight, and got Dessie's second distemper shot,
and Quinn's check-up following neutering.  The vet agreed with me that the
pet store was probably about 3 weeks off of Dessie's true age (they told
me he was 10 weeks, 3 weeks ago, and he has just obviously hit 10-11 weeks
now).  This was based on his dental growth as well as his small size (he
weighs just over 300 grams or 2/3 of a pound).  We have some ear mites
to get rid of, and a problem with fleas to work on.  The vet said that
although 'Frontline' has not been officially approved for use in ferrets,
they've had some good results with it.  I know that it was wonderful in
helping my cat.  He says to use just two small drops of the cat dosage.  I
was wondering if anyone else has used it and what results they've gotten
with ferrets?

Oh, another ferret myth....the doctor I mentioned a few days ago told me
that she'd heard that some ferrets who got lose broke into a chicken coop
and sucked them dry of blood....heheheheh, I can just see my two little
vampires now.......

Sherry
Quinn ('I hate going to the doctor's mom, you always wanna give me icky
medicine afterwards')
Dessie (Ok, so I gave you the ear mites, you gave me the fleas-we're even)