From:
Don Benchoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:53:27 -0500
Dear Ferret Friends:

The latest on Calvin, who has dx'd with spindle cell fibrosarcoma of the
prostate, is that the vet wants to put him through a course of radiation
therapy--10 sessions, I believe--.  I would not like to put my ferret
through something that would make him as ill as I think radiation would for
an unknown prospect of recovery or improvement in his quality of life.  I
am going to suggest lupron as an alternative to radiation to my vet and
even some of the alternative therapies involving some of the items sold in
health stores sound promising.

I am not concerned with the cost factor, I just want to get this fellow
helped.  Does anyone out there have any information on radiation of a
prostate tumor in ferrets?  I would appreciate the information, if it
exists.

Don Benchoff in Tucson