From:
Melissa Rotert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 03:59:07 -0800
Hey folks,

Listen, to all you precious moments collectors out there, and also to
shelters looking for a unique fund raiser:

At one of the "dollar stores" in my town, they have a number of 12"
Precious Moments "Name your own" dolls.  They have two types.  These
dolls are basically a 12" doll, plastic not fabric.  They come with a
post card on which you mark the kind of doll, (blonde, asian, brunette,
etc.  Makes a difference as to which color apron they send.) and then
you write in a name, and they send you an apron that matches the doll's
dress, with the name embroidered on it.  They are really cute, if you
like PM.  I bought one for my mother-in-law.  The dolls are marked at
$12.00 per doll, and are new in the plastic.  (No box.)

The two varieties they have are the Asian, which can be seen at the
Precious Moments Dolls website selling for $31.00:

http://www.pmcdolls.com/cart/prodpage.cfm?Cat_Selected=3
&SubCat_Selected=21&Product_Selected=1382

and the "GoCollects Exclusive" Blonde doll, seen here, for $31.50:
http://www.gocollect.com/product_display/products/product_page.asp?id=30266

(I think due to the word wrap, you'll have to copy and paste the entire
two lines of link.)

Anyway, my thought was, for those of you who are collectors, what a
unique way to immortalize a special lost fuzzy.  And for shelters, you
should be well able to make money with these in an auction or something,
since you can't buy them new for that price from other retailers.  These
dollar stores usually carry overstock or slightly damaged items, but the
doll I bought seems pretty perfect to me.  I think there are at least 5
of each doll left.  I'll buy them and send them along to the first people
who's payment I receive.

Oh, they also have a number of the doll named "Makayla", seen here:
http://www.gocollect.com/p/precious-moments-co-dolls/general-dolls-12/
makayla-1350.asp

(Showing it at GoCollect instead of the Precious Moments Dolls website
because the PMC company no longer has this doll in stock.)

This doll is appearantly the second in the "Always in my Heart" series,
which was limited to 1 year of production per doll, and therefore is no
longer being made.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll go snatch those puppies up.
They've been there for quite a while, so I don't really worry they'll
disappear too quickly.

Melissa Rotert
Mira, Robin, Nietzsche, Samurai and O'Dell
Missing Cael, Booboo and Tasha always