From:
The Ferretously Funky One <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 22:14:56 -0500
Someone posted a few days ago about having purchased a ferret under the
impression that it was a Marshall Farms animal -- but that it had no tattoos.

Well, dummy here did the same thing  :P

Apparently my boyfriend noticed when we bought them that Bumblebee had
the tattoos but Kili did not. I didn't notice! I guess seeing all the little
spuds running around flashing their tattoos I just assumed Kili had his too.

Is this at all common?  Or was I duped by the pet store?  We DID receive the
MF post-cards and info packets for both ferts.

Not that MF keeps track or anything, but they DO guarantee that their
animals have been neutered/descented.  I'm assuming they would wash their
hands of Kili if there was a problem, but no tattoos.

No, I'm not panicking, but am I correct in assuming that if Kili had NOT
been neutered that it would be obvious?  There would be visible testicles,
correct?  He is approx.  13 weeks old.

I've never had a male fert before (I've always been a little afraid of a
ferret who gets that big!) so I don't know anything about their male
anatomy, except of course to look for the "spout" ;)

I'm going to have a few choice words for the pet store if my big bruiser
Kili is not only NOT Marshall Farms but isn't neutered either.

Melissa A. Durfee