From:
Leann C Nordling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 1995 23:28:09 -0500
Chromium piccolinate has been discussed in rather little depth in my
world as a nutritionist.  It is present in an herbal drug called "Formula
1."  Because many people use this is a weight-loss program, it's pretty
important to understand what is in it.  Chromium piccolinate is a big
name in the herbal realm these days because a lot of athletes had been
using it to increase their energy levels.  It's also been in the buzzbin
of antioxidants.  In the human body, it seems to increase metabolism and
therefore provide more energy -- although results are short-lived and
quickly reversible.  In ferrets, I don't know how it wouldwork, but I
would imagine it would do the same thing of increasing energy levels.
Does a ferret need that?  Certainly not a healthy, active one.

I guess my own feeling after studying nutrition for a few years is that
if it isn't proven to be skeptical.  Of course, I also believe animals
can rely on food to give them nutrition and energy -- isn't that what God
intended?  Anyway, if anyone has a question about cp, maybe that sheds a
little bit of light.  Further, in health food stores, it comes with a
colorful price tag as well.

LeAnn