From:
Lysanne Gauthier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 1995 10:46:33 -0500

Hello,

         I'm thinking of getting a ferret for me and my 6 years old son.
I went to get some information from an assocation for the protection of ferret
(Furet mon ami).  Since they don't raise does animal but get them from people
who bought them in a petshop and don't want them anymore, they can't promise
me that I'll have a young one (6-8 months).  She said that it wouldn't be a
problem and would event be better if I would have a 2 years old ferret rather
then a 6 months old (her ferrets are always "litter" trained and altered
before you buy them).  She also said that a male would be better because they
are a little bit more friendly.  My concern is that maybe she's trying to
convice me that a 2 years old is better because she can't know what she will
get.  She also says that even if the ferret would have been mistreated it
would turn to be a more affectionate animal if I take good care of him (she
own 3 ferrets, one male was originally mistreated and she says he is the
friendlier of all).  Should I insiste to have a kit?  Also is it easy to know
how old a ferret is?

I read every bit of information on the WWWeb but I still have a concern about
the smell.  A friend of my friend who own a ferret (neutered) said that even
if her friend bath her ferret twice a week, this friend and her house still
smell.  She doesn't smell bad but has a animal smell.  Is it always the case
no matter how often you will wash him?  Will you end smelling a bit like your
ferret.  I'm working around a lot of people and I'm not sure I want to end up
with "ferret parfum" smell.

This could help me very much. I want to be sure before making the move.

   Thanks for your time.

   Lysanne.
        ////
      '( ..)'
|                   Lysanne Gauthier                    |
|                   tel: 345-7900 (x2091)               |
|                   (514)738-8300 Montreal, Qc, Canada  |

** This Message Was Printed On 100% Recycled Electronics **

                                                 (o o)
                                                  )|(