Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 22:45:28 EDT
It has been a very sickening weekend. One I doubt I will ever forget.

To family:I will not be able to see mom this Sunday. I have a 4 hour
drive on that day.

Bisquit is at the ferret sanctuary with pain meds, antibiotics,
ointments for the eyes, fluids, soups, and anti inflammatories. We do
not know if he will be able to see well again, or able to walk normally
or be brain damaged. Lip is ripped, raw, skin ripped open.Tongue is
lacerated. Teeth are chipped...possibly broken. Blood was dripping
out of his right ear. Roof of mouth scorched and raw meat. Cannot eat
unless syringe fed with pain meds in him.

Say a prayer that he survives. He is in gaurded condition at this
point. And he wants to live. Skin fell off his nose today.Many bruised
spots on his body, and he is in pain moving or being picked up. Nothing
appears to be broken, but great pain from bruising and burns on his
body as pain meds wear off. Top of his feet beet red with burns.

I heard a soft thumping as the laundry was in the dryer. It just
bothered me to hear an odd sort of noise. My glasses steamed up when I
opened the dryer from the extreme steam and heat. The heavy towels were
hot, heavy and wet. Bisquit was in the back of the dryer. I am still
sick to my stomach. I am sucking down antacids. You cannot imagine what
his body looked like or the shock of finding his limp steaming body
there.

I held him in the sink and ran cold water over him, towel dried him. He
moved a little. He still felt burning hot. I rinsed his body again in
cold water, wrapped him, and he tried to move. I called my friend Zoo
who runs a ferret sanctuary.

One of her board members raced to meet me in a parking lot somewhere in
between our homes, then raced to the Sanctuary. Greg...thank you SO
much. Zoo and I would have had great difficulty finding each other.

I am getting updates several times a day. Zoo has been getting up all
night with him, and just put him on more pain meds. Thank you Zoo.

To family:I will be at the hospital with mom Tuesday night and Wed.
afternoon until evening unless I hear otherwise.

So, as shocking as this writing is, please friends.. please do not
email me right now. I just got home after another 10 1/2 hour work day.

I would like to ask you all to PLEASE say a prayer for my little floor
pooper that he survive this.. If anyone can save him...the lady who is
nursing him now will be the one who can do it. I cannot believe what a
miracle it is that I even ever met her.

I never leave the dryer door open and walk away. But I had just heard
news that changed everything I was going to do, and I had to race. I
stepped on Bisquits poop on the floor between washer and dryer as I
was sticking clothes in the dryer and went to change socks and wash
off...something I have to do on a fairly regular basis with Bisquit
free roaming.

He must have somehow climbed into the dryer then. I have so many loads
of ferret wash. I have had to use the dryer again. I keep on opening
it, and pulling out everything.

This is the same baby that was found in a garage...the same baby that
escaped into the snow this winter when I had 2 weeks to pack up all my
mothers belongings from assisted living while also seeing her in the
hospital and working full time.

Have to care for the others now. I am still so sick to my stomach.
Sometimes there is just so much on your plate that it breaks. You can
wallow in self loathing for allowing the opportunity for your baby to
be very badly hurt , or try to pick up the pieces.

Who would have saved his life on a Sunday? No one around here. For a
split second I thought of somehow killing him so he would not suffer
anymore as I saw his steaming bleeding bashed body gasp for breath when
I first ran cold water over him. Zoo...I hope you realize what a God
send you are.