From:
Susan Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 22:34:05 MST
To the person who suspects a shelter is a fraud because they don't have a
seperate bank account... well, add me to the list of those who don't... The
books I keep for shelter expences and income shows the shelter about $4000
in the hole for the year so far.  Any guesses where that $4000 came from?
A shelter operator can not say "sorry guys, no food this month, no money in
YOUR account".  We scrimp, borrow, beg, cheat our kids out of a toy they
earned, cut our family food budget or do whatever it takes to make sure the
ferrets are taken care of.

Soooo, I propose a deal for you.... YOU come take care of all the
outstanding bills, medical expenses, old debts incurred, make a donation
large enough to cover all possible expenses for the next year and THEN I
will get a nice little account in the shelters name so everything will
look nice and legal when you claim your tax deduction.  Deal?