Date:
Sat, 7 May 2005 16:43:37 EDT
After a very surreal couple of days I thought I would check in with
folks...

The orthopedist that I am seeing states that it will be 8-12 weeks before
I am able to drive and until then, I am on physical therapy twice a week
to learn to get around with crutches/wheelchair.

I've had some folks come out to the house and pick up some of the weez so
that I have the bare minimum here to care for.

I want to thank EVERYONE for their well wishes, offers of assistance,
etc.  It means a lot to me - especially when I am used to seeing the
worst of people.

To my special angel that found me in the elevator - I wish I could repay
you.  Your compassion and assistance when I was at my lowest was just
what I needed to keep a positive attitude.If ya ever find yourself in
Va Beach, please let me know - I would love to give back something that
you gave me when I was hurt and alone in a strange town.

This has not sworn me off of symposiums - LOL - Toronto 2006, here I
come!

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
Shelter Wench in good standing
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"