From:
Richard and Katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 15:34:36 -0400
I discovered a couple of fleas on some baby possums I'm raising.  What has
this got to do with ferrets?  Well, I was looking for something very mild
that wouldn't harm the little ones, who all weigh <3.5 oz.  I bought the
Flea and Tick Towelettes (Flea Halt!) for Ferrets.  Used one towelette on
all four babies.  You just wipe it over them and get the tips of the fur
wet.  It seemed to work just fine.  Haven't seen any fleas yet today (nor
any sick or dead possums <g>).  They are rather expensive...$2.99 for 2
towelettes.

If they are mild enough for these little babies, they should be safe for
ferrets.

Katharine