From:
"Linda M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:13:26 -0700
Ok, I have a serious problem on my hands..

My 2 ferrets have lately (the last 6 months or so) been pooping like
mad in random places in my room.  (The first year and a half or so..no
problems except the occassional missed spot) And they're NOT doing it in
corners, but everywhere.  It's almost always under my bed as well..  And
right smack dab in the middle or around an underbed box or whatnot.  I
think I've tried close to everything to deter them:

- Tried that pet deterrent stuff (the safe kind)..  As well as putting
  vinegar in that area, after cleaning and de-sanitizing.

- Tried covering the area up with a large box (they'll poop on the box or
  right next to it)

- Taped down newspaper over plastic flooring stuff and put that down
  (they always manage to tear it up..)

- I've put food in the area, but they'll just poop on it; same with toys.

- Put litter boxes in the corner after moving the bed around (they'll
  poop in and still around it randomly..) Or they'll switch pooping
  areas..

I'm really at my wit's end; I don't know what else there could be left to
try.  Should I re-train them?  I've tried that before with no success as
well.  And I can't move my bed out of the way twice a day to clean up the
area; not only does it get tiring but the bed is heavy and whatnot, too.
I'm not about to give my fuzzies up or anything like that, but I just
can't figure out for the life of me why they continue to poop randomly in
places.  Everything else is normal (playing/eating/drinking fine..) so I
don't know what the problem could be.  :(