From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 06:13:54 -0500
>Overall, I'm not impressed with Triple F as a MF alternative.  At least the
>MF kits I've been around have a suitable temperment.
>"E.M. Ennis"

EM, you bring up a very good point.  If indeed the outcome of this campaign
is the removal of MF kits from petstores, what are the possibilities?

Well, I guess there are several good ones.
1) The store may simply stop selling ferrets the same way many pet stores
have stopped selling dogs and cats and still remain lucrative.
2) Rescue promotion which many stores do by allowing rescue shelters to set
up a kiosk now and then to help find homes.  A chain in Florida does this
for greyhounds on a regular basis.  This is a great alternative for stores
near a rescue and the stores establish a good relationship with prospective
owners who will need food and supplies!
3) Search out alternative breeders and check into their operation, if they
mind your questions the way Marshall seems to, run don't walk to the nearest
exit.

The best relationships between consumer and enterprise is one of cooperation
and communication.  Unlike what appears to be Marshall's philosophy which
appears to resemble stonewalling.  We all need to find ferret related
businesses that appear responsible, cooperative, and always willing to
listen and inform and to promote *these* businesses to the best of our
ability.

Thanks EM for doing some homework.

best wishes,
until next time,
alphachi

PS. Just saw a promo for "The Big Lebowski".  When are filmmakers going
to actually record some *real* ferret noises?  My ferrets are beginning
to wonder if they are really ferrets!!!