From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 22:29:47 -0400
Good day!
s most of you read this, three of our older hospice ferrets will be
receiving their very first Lupron injections in the hopes of providing a
happier and healthier quality while they spend their remaining days at
Ferret Wise.  All three mles Rocky, Angus and Rex are either bi lateral
adrenal patients or combined cardiomyopathy adrenal patients.  We are happy
to report that tiny little Abby who has just received her second injection
is showing signs of remission!  Hooray-- her vulva swelling is diminished
and she appears to be generating fuzz where skin used to be.

While this is not a cure-- we still feel that these shelter residents
deserve to be healthy.  We have purchased half a vial of Lupon in order to
provide these treatments and have several other shelter kids waiting in the
wings!

This week the proceeds form the ebay auctions will help to cover the Lupron
costs -- and if exceeded will offset the increased electric to keep the
shelter controlled with A/C.  We thank all of our friends for keeping in
touch.  We are very happy to report we have  been instrumental in 11
referral adoptions over the past month!  That is -- 11 new homes found for
deserving ferrets!

We are looking forward to meeting many of you at "Ferretstock" Celebration
September 9th.  Remember to get those photos ready for the cutest ferret
photo contest.  Application forms are available by emailing the above
listed email address.  Winner will recive a HUGE selection of ferret
goods-- last years stash were valued at over $200.00 (We will ship to
winner if not in attendance!)

Got to go -- cages await cleaning!-

PS- and thanks to Mary S who so thoughtfully has put together this week's
ebay assortment for the shelter!

Alicia
for the ferrets

Ferret Wise Exclusive Blue Celestial Sleeper
  http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=356741846

Ferret Wise Exclusive Red Celestial Sleeper!
  http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=356748613

Ferret Wise Exclusive Dragonflies Top Sleeper
  http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=356762283

Ferret Wise Exclusive Batman(tm) Sleeper
  http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=356772159

Ferret Wise Ferret Applique Bath Towel Set! For spoiled humans!
  http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=356792739