From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:38:42 -0600
>From:    "Deborah W. Kemmerer, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Posts About Vets
>
>At the risk of stirring up more controversy, I'm going to comment on the
>question about the spayed Beagle and a couple of other posts.
>
>The reason I don't post more is because there's a lot of vet bashing on
>this list.  It's usually subtle, but there are lots of snide little
>comments.

Dear Dr. Kemmerer,

Please don't take the post about bad vets personally.  If one just read
the mail groups, one would think all ferets are sickly when the truth is
quite different.  Same goes for vets, when people have a problem with a
vet, it makes the news group.  When one has a great vet, it mostly
doesn't.

Just this month a girl from Gainsville posted that she had found a ferret
and it was sick.  At least a half dozen people posted to tell her to get
it to Dr. Kemmerer, who is one of the great ferret vets.  She did and you
healed it.  I understand it is doing quite well now except for a little
neurological problem.

What I'm trying to say is that we all know of the great vets like you, Dr.
Weiss, Dr. Williams, Dr. Purcell, etc, but we don't discuss them much.
When one person finds one bad vet, we all talk about that because it's the
exception.

Please keep on doing the great work you do and be around the groups when
one of us needs you.

Thanks.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

URA Redneck if you know date and place of every bullet hole in the car.