From:
Deena Canals <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 18:34:25 -0600
>As to blind faith on shelters, its usually very easy to find someone who
>has been to the shelter that you want to donate to.  Just ask around, post
>here, or call them and see if they have a list of satisfied adopters who
>are willing to be contacted by prospective adopters.

Okay, I was misunderstood, let it go by a couple of times, but would now
like to set the record straight.  My comment as to blind faith was not
aimed toward KiSta Ferret Shelter.  It was (1) aimed toward the one they
took the ferrets in from and (2) just a general comment on how nationally
and internationally linked we are that we know people and places that we
support based on our belief in a mutual cause.

Having conversed with KiSta priorly and read some of their post and the
fact that they were allowed to take these ferrets, I have much faith in
them, although it is blind, in that no I couldn't personally vouch for
anything.  I have faith in the job that SFFR and Brevard does.  I would,
have and will recommend them.  I'll admit most of it is blind faith, but I
truly believe they deserve it and wish they got more support and public
recognition.

But please, don't anyone believe I suggested KiSta might have a problem, as
far as I can tell, they also deserve my blind faith and I can only say that
they always seem concerned rational polite individuals.

Deena
http://www.webabout.com/fog