From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 17:04:09 -0700
Wooohooo!  We had 7 kids leave the shelter this weekend!

That's about a pound of poo per week, 4 lbs a month, 36 pounds per year.

OK, being math challenged, for 7 ferts, I think thats about....

252 POUNDS OF POO PER YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!

Within the Hagerstown/Wolfsville Rescues we have managed to keep our
doors opened for all the surrenders to Animal Control Facilities in
Maryland - most of which are casual/no reason/PTS facilities.  None
of these Kill Facilities have been refused by Rocky's!!!

With the tremendous numbers we have, we also have tremendous volunteers
that are driving great distances and have sacrificed much of their time
to be here to keep Rocky's rolling.

That being said, ....Lynn Love, has been here since the first ferret
arrived from Hagerstown, then Wolfsville.  Her love and devotion for
shelter work deserves some medal that I just don't have.  She has given
each paycheck to make this rescue financially viable.  Lynn has been
bitten repeatedly, only to take that neglected ferret to a place where
she hugs them, consoles them, they know for the first time in their
lives they are safe.  There isn't a ferret within the walls of Rocky's
that Lynn Love doesn't know on a personal basis.

Lynn Love is everything that every shelter dreams of having in a
volunteer.  We are blessed to have her on board.  She heard the calling,
and she was here to help, and continues.

All, please join me in applauding this lady in her personal sacrifice
of leaving her family, repeatedly driving 1.5 hr one way to help this
shelter.  Her son Tod, is also a frequent flyer her.  But such sacrifice
deserves to be recognized by a community that has been so supportive and
unable to be here.

Lynn has been here and seen the horrible neglect, and the miracles of
healing.  She is a healer.  Because of Lynn's involvement, these kids are
finding homes.

Not only has Lynn worked the shelter grunt work, hours on end, but she
has been instrumental in adoptions and education.

Lynn, we here at Rocky's love you.  You are an incredible individual with
integrity, honesty and commitment.  You walk the talk.  We thank you!

Barb Clay
www.rockysferrets.com