From:
Deena Canal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 19:18:03 -0400
I was visited by the Ferret Princess last night.  She eased my hurt over the
Kodo insanity.  Once upon a time I thought she existed but wasn't sure
anymore.  It's a moment I shall not forget. . . .

Penny was still out roaming and I heard a noise in the dining room.
Thinking it was her, I went in.  Sure enough, there was what I thought was
Penny laying on the floor.  But wait, this little girl didn't scamper off to
avoid being put up.  She laid there like an Egyptian Sphinx, four paws
curled up under her, her back regally arched and her head proudly erect.
Her very manner made me suspect she must be a princess.

I picked her up, waiting for the mirage to disappear and my squirming girl
to come back.  But no, the princess laid on my arm and rested her head on my
elbow and let out the most delicate and polite yawn ever seen.  I stroked
her fur and noticed how golden her summer coat was coming in.  (Silly me,
what other color undercoat would a princess have.) I walked down the hall
with out the faintest stir out of her.  I went and showed her to my husband;
foolish being he is, he thought she looked like Penny.  I guess you have to
be blessed to see the princess.

I walked over to the ferret hotel, but the princess did not disappear.
Instead she laid in my arms while I enjoyed her silky soft fur, yawned oh so
delicatly a few more times and the adjusted her head on my elbow to see me
better.

The other ferrets did not think it was fair that they were already locked up
while Penny got to stay out with me.  However, when I put her in the cage
and she kissed faces and went to sleep with them, I'm sure her royal dreams
help put them all at ease.  Today I have Penny back and I don't care because
I love her so, but I wouldn't mind if the princess came and vistied a little
more often and I intend to hold on to my belief that she exists until she
does.