Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2011 02:53:11 -0500
>For those of us who would consider donating to the AFA but want to have
>a better idea of how our donations would be used, can you post a link
>to an AFA financial statement for the past fiscal year or the 2010 tax
>form?

The 2010 financial statement is listed in the current (Vol. 20, No. 3)
issue of the American Ferret Report (AFR). It's not posted on the
website but here are a few donation items from the statement.

In 2010 AFA took in $502 for the BFF and $502 was forwarded to Prairie
Wildlife Research.

In 2010 AFA took in $966 in the General Fund. This fund helps pay the
cost of running the AFA. For example, our 888 toll free number and
associated phone expenses in 2010 amounted to $1372. Plus there are a
number of other costs involved to run the organization some of which
include bank fees, insurance, website hosting fees, postage, printing,
taxes, post office box rental, etc, etc, etc.

In 2010 AFA took in $1260 for the Pam Slack Medical Research Fund.
Money from this fund goes out in the form of grants to parties working
on medical advancements for ferrets. There was not enough money in this
fund for any medical grants to be awarded in 2010 and this fund will
continue to grow until a worthwhile project is accepted.

In 2010 the Mongo Memorial CDV Titer Study Fund took in $1147. AFA
paid out $1869 for the titer study lab tests.

In 2010 AFA took in $111 for the Spay/Neuter fund. This fund was
originally set up for the DMK rescue. This fund will become our new
Shelter/Rescue Fund in 2012. More information will be forthcoming
in 2012 once the new project kicks off. All money in the current
Spay/Neuter fund will roll over to the new Shelter/Rescue Fund.

If you have any other questions just let me know. If you'd like to
receive a copy of the current AFR, please join the AFA and I'll be
more than happy to send it to you! And for all current AFA members,
you should be receiving the current issue any day.

In addition all donors will receive a letter listing their donation
for their tax records. I'll be working on the 2011 donation letters
this week which will be sent out the first of next week.

Vickie

Vickie McKimmey

Just a Business of Ferrets
www.jbferret.com
American Ferret Association
Director of Shows and Special Events
www.ferret.org
Author of Ferrets: An Animal Planet Pet Care Library Series Book