From:
strobachyzoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 01:47:03 -0600
I would like to personally thank you for the generous donation you sent
a fuzzy in need.  The holidays will be a little brighter for some little
fuzzie out there, because you fell in love with its sweet face.  That`s
what The Giving Tree is all about----Reaching out, and making a
difference.

I would like to personally apologize for the shelter mom or dad that
didn`t get that thank you off quite soon enough.

We didn`t put any of our babies on the Giving Tree, this year--but with
53 to provide lifetime care for, I will tell you what it`s like here...
We have many old & sick ones who need meds & special feedings &
fluids--One needs his bladder expressed, every 6 hours.  We have 53 who
need playtime out of their cages with human interaction.The phone rings
at least three times an hour, so there are many interruptions.  We have
been giving tours of the sanctuary, in hopes of educating people about
ferrets` unique needs, & discouraging impulse holiday purchasing of
ferrets.There are nails to trim, ears to do, and heartworm meds to
administer.There are distemper shots to give--and lupron shots.There
are hammies, blankies, and sleepy sacks to wash.Food & water dishes to
clean & refill.  Cages to scrub down--and 27 litterboxes to change daily!
There are emails to answer.We need to order supplies, and go to the store
for baby food & distilled water.There are trips to the vet.  I have
another educational presentation to prepare.  These things go on, year
round, not just at Christmas/Hanukkah.  To top it off, we have personal
lives ( gifts to buy, cards to address & send out, family gatherings,
etc.)  Sometimes the volunteers don`t quite show up as planned, so we are
up later at night, making sure that everything is done.We have had 17
losses this year.  I was with each one as it breathed its last--all but
the two who slipped away without warning... It was very draining,
emotionally.

There`s a $50 check on our computer desk--a gift for the babies here at
the sanctuary.  It came three days ago.  I still haven`t sent a thank you
to the wonderful person who sent this.  I WILL--- I am very grateful--but
I`ve been so busy, taking care of the little ones here.  They have top
priority.  They are what this is all about!!!  I have been up since 4a.m.
I just now finished in the ferret room!!  (It`s 1:30 a.m. now.)There are
days like that!

I can`t speak for the shelter mom/dad who didn`t thank you yet.  I truly
hope they do---but please find it in your heart to forgive their
tardiness.  They are kept pretty busy.  (It`s possible that an email got
lost in cyberspace too)

Christmas isn`t even here yet.  Please give it a little time---Be happy
in your heart, that you have made a difference in the life of some little
fuzzy out there.That`s what the shelter moms & dads are doing, each day
of the year.

May God bless you!

Love,
Zoo