From:
Paula Lytle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 1994 12:09:06 -0500
I've been catching up on my ferret list -- I was away last week. The
discussion of ferret reactions to different people prompted me to
describe Persephone's behavior. When we first got her, she was a wiggly
ferret and nipped a bit. She was slowly calming down when she became very
ill and I nursed her back to health (with a lot of help and credit due to
the FMLers for support.) Because I am a college professor and she was
sick over break, I could feed her every couple of hours. My husband was
at work during the day.
Now she gives ferret kisses-- but only to me. If I hold her up to my
face, she happily kisses me. But--- if my husband holds her near his face,
she turns her head away. Even when she is in a kissy mood (and we've
tried to fool her into kissing him), she very deliberately averts her
face from his and will continue to do so every time he brings her close
to his face. She lets him hold her- but she's a mommy's ferret.
Fortunately, Michael is very good natured about all of this, but I'm glad
Pandora (our silver mitt) will kiss him. Still, it's funny to watch her
keep moving her face away like a silent movie heroine trying to escape
the clutches of the villain. NO, NO, --she cried-- I will never submit to
your vile embrace.
 Paula