Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:45:50 -0600
You wonderful people out there,

I just got home from leaving Fang in the city , and got right on here to
talk to the people that seem to really care, and have helped me so much
already.  First ,I want to thank you for the prayers both Fang and I
received...it is hard to express how overwhelmed one feels when someone
else takes the time to care about a stranger.  I am trying to save the
tears for the dreaded trip to the bridge, but I have cried so much the last
three days, that my eyes hurt.  I also wanted to say that I didn't mean to
ask for only Christians to pray...I have several wonderful friends who are
not Christians, but they still pray, and I wasn't thinking clearly when I
said that..  Please forgive me.  Now, I have news and a new problem ,and
hope that you will share your wisdom with me (cuz I learn from you guys
every day).  Fang had four insulinomas removed and they were near the tips
of the pancreas..the easiest place to get at them.  One little bubble like
cyst was in a more vulnerable location up near the base...he cut around and
popped that one.  So far so good.  Then he found that his right adrenal had
a tumor, but his left was fine!  So he used the cyrosurgery for the FIRST
time , and it went *zap in a flash*.  He was very pleased.  The worry is
what he found in the liver....he calls it a *nutmeg liver* condition..I
need you guys that have knowledge of this to please e mail me, as I know
nothing about it.  He sent a little piece in for biopsy (another $60.00,
but hey, how can you not?) This will shorten his life span , the vet said,
and he is waiting for the lab results to know how to deal with it.  Please
tell me, even if it is really bad, because the *not knowing* is almost
worse.  I need to know so I can get on with whatever it is I have to do.
He said that the liver cannot be surgically fixed with what he saw...not a
healthy liver.  What causes this????  He said no one really knows, and he
seems to be *up* on all the latest tests, and theories...I guess I am
asking for your experiences in this area.  I had hoped that it was JUST
insulinoma...hoping for something I could deal with; now this.  He also
said that he thought Bob's Chicken Gravy had too much sugar with the tube
of Nutrical....I have to go back and read what Bob said about that...I tend
to believe what you guys tell me, and I know you all trust Bob.  This whole
thing of when to use Duck Soup , and when to use the gravy is confusing to
me.  I remember when I learned how to hang wallpaper...I treated it like a
science project; once I learned, it was a snap.  Some of you substitute
things in the recipe, and I wish I had your confidence; I am just such a
wuss when it comes to messing with someone else's (Fang's) well being.  I
am so afraid to make a mistake and harm him.  Last question: how do you
keep them from tearing out their stitches?  This vet said that collars
don't work well on ferrets.  Do they?????

Thank you from the bottom of my heart,
Liz and Fang (too far away tonight to tuck in, but your prayers will
keep him safe)
Bless you all..