From:
New Rainbow Bridge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:45:07 -0400
>I have been rather shocked at the very negative & sometimes quite
>nasty posts appearing regarding this little movie.
>
>Regardless of whether there is a ferret movie or not, or a dog movie
>or not, the reckless breeding of animals for profit will not cease
>and the number of animals for sale will still be more than the number
>of people likely to give them a permanent loving home.

Perfectly valid point; no one's arguing with that.

>We will still have ferrets purchased by people who will dump them in
>shelters but, perhaps, as a result of movies such as this one, we
>might just have more ferrets being kept for the long term instead.

This is where your logic begins to break down. Sure, some of the
ferrets that get purchased because of the movie might get good homes.
But far more ferrets will be dumped on shelters, rescues, and,
unfortunately, "returned to the wild." These animals will suffer
and many will die.

Don't believe me? Fair enough: Talk to other rescue operators. I've
received personal emails from several since I made my first post,
thanking me for making a statement. We already know what's going to
happen, and we don't need a crystal ball to see it. We've seen it too
many times before.

If you really want to help save ferrets by making contributions, try
contributing to a rescue instead of a for-profit movie. You won't get
the listing on IMDB, but you will get the eternal gratitude of some of
those ferrets that were abandoned.

Steve Bodofsky
The New Rainbow Bridge, and
The Last Chance Ferret Rescue