Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 94 10:58 CDT
Proglycem -
I've used Proglycem for Whitney since Dec. 1992.  Yes it is expensive but
not as expensive as her little life.  It took 6-8 weeks to get her
stabilized and I had to adjust the dosage accordingly.  I use it along
with Prelone and as you can see she is still with me so it obviously
works for her, but not necessarily everyone.  I've found that humans
want immediate results, but that has not been the case with these drugs
from my experience.  Once the dosage is correct (this may take several
months) there seems to be a remarkable improvement.  Whitney's dad died
after 1 year on Prelone alone and we suffered many seizures and low sugar
attacks so I've had experience with both drugs.  Proglycem works best in
combination with Prelone.  Whitney has had very few seizures and although
she looks terrible from the fluid build up in her tummy area and loss of
fur, she is quite comfortable in her old age (she was 7 in June).  Whitney
weighs about 1.75 lbs and she gets .10 of 1 cc of Prelone liquid twice a
day and .25 cc of Proglycem liquid twice a day.  We count each day as our
blessing.  Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Hugs to all!  tle