From:
Deva Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:09:03 -0700
I have an older boy that was given to me not long ago.  He is bonding to
me in his own way.  He will only nip the toe of someone he really cares
about.  He starts by circling your foot 3-4 times, then sniffing up and
down (is he looking for a warm, juicy vein?).  Then he has to get
comfortable and get in that "just right" position.  Finally he finds the
spot and cleans it with a few good licks.  The next step is to stare at
it, then reach over and slowly open your mouth...THAT is when I move my
foot over 2-3 inches.

He will not exert the extra energy to lean over a little farther for that
nip, NO!  He has to get up and start walking around the foot again, then
the sniffing, positioning, sniffing, staring and then he is ready for the
nip again.  Of course, I move my foot over another 2-3 inches.

Yep, you guessed it.  He gets up and starts circling.  He will do this
3-4 times then go take a nap.

Deva