From:
Kathy Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Apr 1995 13:30:58 -0400
Hi all,
I run a Shelter in Champaign, IL and have used FerVac since it was approved.
I have given hundreds of vaccinations with FerVac and in the beginning did
find a slight to moderate reaction to the dilutent that they used. This
problem has since been rectified by United Vaccine. I have given over 40
injections with the Lot #32404, Expiration of 8/96 in the past couple of
months with no reactions at all.

I was wondering where the injections have been given? I give mine in the hip
area (subcutaneously) and have had better results than giving the injection
in the neck area. I also am a little sneaky when giving the injection. I
place Ferretone on the table and let the ferret lick it off while giving the
injection! They are so involved in the Ferretone that they don't know what
has happened. This is easier on them and me both!

Ferret hugs,

Kathy
Central IL Friends of Ferrets (CIFF)