Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 08:01:11 -0500
Greetings and Hallucinations!!

Stitches is healing wonderfully!  I can't believe it.  Even though she tore
out her stitches twice, Sunday night, and Monday night.  Dr. Turner, vet
that was on duty for this whole ordeal at the emergency clinic (great
ferret doc, but emergency only) must think I have some type of crush on him
or something.

She started eating her solid food on Monday, and eating duck soup.  But I
was happiest to see that she is peeing like she is suppose to.

Oh, and when they have surgeries where the abdomen is involved, I don't
use the wood stove pellets in the litter boxes, I use white paper towel.
Absorbs, and I can see exactly what comes out.

Thanks to two loans, and a few wonderful people donating, ALL of Stitches
vet bills have been covered, which freed up some moneys for other things,
like food.  Thank you so much, I wouldn't have been able to do it with all
of your help.

Now my most embarrassing moment is in a past FML, my formal surrender to
FLO.  But my kids on the other hand.

OK, my daughter has been around ferrets for 7 years and had never been
bitten.  Lucky kid.  Well, I had a biter come in, and I told her not to
touch Bastion, well she didn't listen, and got a hard nip on the finger,
right in the crease of the nail.  What does she do?  She passes out!!
Right in front of her friends.

My son (the one who started me with ferrets and sheltering) at the age of
16 was looking at two new kids that came in, and I always warn them, do
not put them near your face if you don't know them.  Does he listen?  NO!
Well, there was this little, tiny albino girl with her teeth firmly planted
inside my son's nose.  He looked like he had his nose pierced and was
wearing a ferret earring or something.  Well, he was dancing, and
screaming, " MOM MOM MOM GET IT OFF!".  Again, in front of friends.  I
laughed so hard I could barely remove the little girl.  Now, this big,
strong, weight lifting football playing, black belt in Ti Qon Do (SP) is
brought to his knees by a little 16 ounce ferret.

For those who donated, thank you, and the shelter is 501 (c)(3), so it can
be used for tax purposes.  For those who gave us the loan, you will be
repaid.

Take care, and hug your fur angels, remember they are plotting to find a
way to embarrass you.  <G>

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter