From:
Darrin Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 00:47:54 +1000
WE have a ferret, a desexed male, who is "BIG" and cuddly and "double
coated" as near as we can tell....

anyhow, about 6 months ago, we made some hammocks out of "shade cloth",
and all the ferrets seem to enjoy them, because it stretched with their
bodies as they slept ..  and were "bouncy", i.e.: the ideal type of
hammock material..

however, at one point in time, our big boy, "slid" off the edge of
the hammock , as they do, like, sliding over the edge using their
stomach..and somehow managed to catch his....well, the end of his..
mmm..... male plumbing... in the weave of the cloth.

we thought it was incredibly unusual ( luckily, I was in the same room
and heard his squeals, so rescued him... it was STUCK in the weave of the
cloth) ,..... but, we were thinking it was a "freak" thing, so we didn't
do anything about changing the material we used for hammocks..

then about a month later he did the same thing!!! in the same material..
OUCH!!

We immediately changed the material we used for hammocks ( mind you we
have 3 other males, and those guys we have had much longer then our new
guy.., and never a incident like it...

Anyhow, just lately, he managed to "catch it again" while climbing in a
cardboard box..

we were wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem... or whether
this is something unique to our boy ?

Darrin