From:
Rachel Schafli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2012 12:39:52 -0500
Hi everyone, just wanted to offer an update about the Petition for
WestJet & Air Canada to allow ferrets on board as carry on and as
checked baggage. We are at 259 signatures as I write this, which is
amazing, but signatures are beginning to taper off a bit. Thank you so
much if you have already signed it, but if you haven't please sign and
help out your fellow ferret lovers. The next step is to share the link
of the petition with your friends and family, as that is what will
ensure we get enough signatures to make sure we are heard by these
Airlines.

Additionally, once we win this battle with these two major Canadian
airlines, both with operate in the United States, we can begin to
petition various US. Airlines to follow suit in their acceptance of
ferrets on board.

If only we could just take our ferrets on board, it would make
everyone's lives so much easier when they need to travel. At the
moment, neither of these airlines even allow ferrets as checked
baggage - you have to ship your ferret separately as unattended cargo,
which puts so much unnecessary stress on both the ferrets and their
owners.

Thank you again for all your support, please sign & share this with
everyone you know!

<http://www.change.org/petitions/air-canada-westjet-allow-ferrets-as-carry-on-and-as-checked-baggage-on-their-flights>

As an added note, I will be writing to a consumer-investigator reporter
very soon, and I would love to have 500+ signatures by the time I write
to them, to ensure that they pick up the story. They will be able to
get the answers & response from WestJet & Air Canada that we have been
so far unable to get on our own.

Thanks again,
Rachel & Rolo.