From:
"McLaughlin,Sharon;DSENPRS,LM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 16:57:00 DST
>My 3 year old ferret, Jake, was fine until Wednesday morning when I
>noticed he wasn't playing, had a hard time getting out of his hammock, as
>if his back end was dead weight.  He would use his legs but it was as if
>he were limping, both legs equally weak

Hi Traci.  Something like that happened to Woobie.  He stopped using his
back legs and was shaking alot, like he was cold.  I took him to the vet
and they said that the shaking was from pain.  It turned out after Xrays
that a vertebrae in his back came out of place and was causing him some
discomfort, but adding to it was the fact that he had a cold and it settled
in his back and was causing alot more pain.  They prescribed Amoxicilian
and Prednisone (sp?) 2x a day.  In a week he was ok.  The cold cleared up
and he was able to walk again.  As for the back problem??  Who knows where
it came from..  He was fine one day and the next he was like this.  He
still shakes a little if you lay him on his back but hes otherwise fine
now.

Rgds
Sharon, Woobie and Princess
(Smaccie)