From:
Sari Ellen Stiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 1994 11:02:19 -0600
[ A bunch of quoted text and header lines removed.  BIG ]
>        First, Facile, our 5 mo old sable female, had a wierd
>episode.  Last night, she went to sleep under the stove; when
>she was prompted to get out, she became lethargic, her gait was
>unsteady, and ultimately she became almost inert, for about two
>hours.  Very, very scary.  Ultimately, she vomited twice, and
>gradually regained some ferret energy, in short bursts.
        Is this a gas stove?! It sounds like a carbon dioxide problem or
possibly a small gas leak... quick! call the utility co and have it checked,
this can KILL everyone in the house in short order.
(worse is person says, "I don't feel well," goes to bed and essentially
suffocates)
        also take her to the vet...

Get the stove checked NOW and leave a window or two open a crack.