From:
Harry Silvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 22:19:53 -0500
Have been doing some research on litters, below are some companies you might
want to look into.  Have a message to stove Chow folks.  (If you want to be
a dealer you must purchase 11 skids of 50 bags each during the summer and
22 pallets in the winter.)  Will keep you posted.

"Unlike pine and cedar shavings, these products contain notoxins.  Most of
these products, especially the pelleted litters, are most efficient if you
use only a thin layer.  Using a thick layer is wasteful.

You can order CareFRESH directly from the company.  Otherwise, ask your pet
supplier to order these products for you, or ask the company for a list for
local suppliers.

    CareFRESH
Absorption Corporation 1-800-242-2287
Wood pulp fibers too short to make paper processed to the appearance and
texture of shredded egg cartons.

    Eco-Bedding
RanPak Corporation 1-800-726-7257
Thin crinkled strips of kraft paper (brown paper one grade below grocery
bags).  Recyclable even with animal waste.

    Gentle Touch Litter
Gentle Touch Corporation 1-800-545-9853
These pellets made from aspen wood are very absorbent and excellent at
controlling odor.

    Critter Country
Mountain Meadow Pet Products, Inc. 1-800-752-8864
The company claims that these pellets made from wheat grass actually
prevent the formation of ammonia.

    Bio-Flush
Ampro Industries Inc. 1-800-482-3130
Pellets made from recycled newspaaper printed only with soy ink.
Contains a natural, safe odor control agent.

    Yesterday's News
Canbrands International Ltd. 1-800-267-5287
Pellets made from recycled newspaper with an odor absorbing ingredient.
Comes in regular pellets, and softer texture pellets.

Still looking for someone in the Finger Lakes area of New York state to
work with me on some MF research.  Going slow but, VERRRY INTERESTING.

Harry C. Silvis
12 Krazy Ferrets in Kennesaw -- Waiting for the UPS man as they track their
new MW cage shelves on the internet.

BTW - I have not had Ferret inside stickers printed as it was posted that
someone had 800 available.  Hope they post them on advertising issue.  (We
made up one and it is on the window.)