From:
"Giuliani, Marc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 11:22:40 -0600
Hello,

First, Thank you to all who responded to my question on Depression in
ferrets, they were very helpful.

Charlie's blood results came back this morning.  Glucose level was at 77,
kidney values ok, WBC ok, RBC ok, electrolytes ok, liver values ok except
that the Alkaline Phosphatate (sp?) level was a little high at 45.  Vet
says I should have another geriatric blood workup done in a few months.
Charlie seems to be slowly getting a little less sad, he still goes over to
the rug where Snow was last and lies down (thanks Dee for your mail that
Charlie probably "feels the spirit of his companion" and that he may be
"sleeping with buddy there") and hangs out there for a little bit he is,
however, playing a lot more, and he REALLY enjoys the extra long back rubs
and banana slices he has been getting lately.  By the way he is a 7 y/o
chocolate.  My other little girl, kira, that is a 5 y/o sable is also
trying to keep Charlie upbeat and happy but she is such a spaz that she
wont spend much time with him at play time but at nap time she snuggles
with Charlie.  I have been watching extra closely to make sure they are
both eating and drinking and they are....

Another question I have is about vaccine reactions, Charlie and Kira
both got their annual check up and shots yesterday, but they both had
anaphylactic reactions to the shots.  :( I have been doing a lot of reading
the last 24hrs on reactions and am seeing that may be I should have had
the fervacD and imrab3 injections done at different times(2 weeks or more
apart)...is this most peoples experience?  Also I read that giving 100 IU
of vitamin E a couple of days before the shots can help reduce the
reaction?  Has anyone tried this and does it help?

Thank you to every one for the love and support.  And Thank you to BIG
for moderating the list, And to Dr Bruce Williams for all the posts to
the list, you have very good information for all of us.

Give all those fuzzies a long warm hug and kiss tonight just to remind
them you love them and will always be there for them.

thx,
Marc Giuliani