From:
Lisa Olscamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:57:03 -0400
I realize I am probably opening Pandora's box, but I want to hear several
opinions on this subject.  We are considering a third fuzzy.  The first two
I purchased from a local, very reputable pet store.  Yes, they are Marshall
Farms ferrets.  I have read so much of the controversy over Marshall
Farms(pet store) vs obtaining one from a shelter.  As much as I like the
thought of getting a kit that we can train, the thought of the shelters
saddens me.  I do not want to get a fuzzy from a shelter that turns out
to be much older than we believed.  Any and all opinions are appreciated.
Monday we have an appointment with Dr. Edwards (who I am told is one of
the top ferret vets in the country) for a check up, and I intend to ask
him as well.

Also - have any of you ever noticed that when your babies shed in the
spring the color of their coat dramatically changes?  Our one is a light
colored sable, who now is very blond in some places (head, belly).

Lisa, Jonathan, Stinky and Pepper