From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:54:04 -0800
To clean my guy's teeth, I use dental tools like the ones your dentist
uses, I also use them on the dogs- Have a towel ready, and some pillows,
and some ferretone.  I get them out, give a tiny bit of FT, wrap in towel,
scruff, and get the tartar off.  It takes alot of practice to get good,
but it doesn't take much time, I only do it every couple of months.  I
would love to brush their teeth, if only I could find a fert-sized brush.
Even the baby brushes I use on the dogs are too big.  Any suggestions?
Also, I use the Petrodex on the dogs- is that appropriate for ferts?

As far as the beagle- Keep an eye on her, you can get the underpads at
walgreens to put under her bottom.  If it doesn't lessen soon (24 hrs or
so), get her to the vet and have the discharge tested to make sure there
is no infection.  Keep an eye on her temp (101) if it goes up, get her to
the vet.  If you are able to wash the vaginal opening several time a day,
do it, using a very mild cleanser- a mild saline solution will work.  I
would call a couple of different vets, and get several opinions.

Good Luck- feel free to e-mail privately if you want to- Gerri

[PS]
The last part I forgot to put in- when you are done, much praise, a few
kisses, and some FT on the belly.

Good Luck.