Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 23:32:06 EST
>Des Moines, Iowa is one of only 10 cities nationwide where we have
>scheduled EARS volunteer training workshops in 2007! The daylong
>workshops are being held on March 3 and 4, 2007. As an added bonus,
>we are offering free optional animal-handling classes in conjunction
>with these workshops.
>
>Find more information and sign up for one of the workshops here:
>http://www.uan.org/index.cfm?navid=27

Can you find out if ferrets are covered? And if they are, can somebody
who goes take good notes? This is a wonderful idea. Here in Payson,
up in the mountains north of Phoenix, we are beginning a CERT program
(Certified Emergency Response Team), and I am joining it. That's for
humans. We have a lot of fires up in this area. How wonderful to do
one locally for ferrets. In checking locally I find that in this small
community there are upwards of 100 ferrets locally.

Something to plan on.

Warmly ~

Mary
missing Calvin/loving Bandit, Flower, Snickers, Miss Jazzy and
Ling-ling (I really didn't name Flower, she came from the humane
society with that name and she is snow white like a white lotus
blossom...sort of fits!)