From:
Francine Prager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 18:43:31 -0700
A few days ago I was in a pet shop in my area and noticed they had 2 full
grown ferrets in a cage.  I inquired about them and learned they had been
in the cage for months, that everyone in the store was afraid of them
because of their biting.  Food was thrown through the bars of the cage.
So....to make a long story short-they are both here now after "making a
deal" with the pet shop owner...and I admit I have never seen biters like
this in my life.  (And I've had ferrets for many years.)  I am sitting at
this computer bleeding as the bites marks have opened up again.  (There
must be at least 15 of them on my hands.)  Holding either little one is
impossible, and even when scruffed, they still make a very credible
attempt at biting.

The 2 ferrets are now in a cage with bedding, hammock, food, water and
toys.  Never having seen a litter box before, they have dragged bedding
into it and are sleeping there.  Please-I need advise on how to proceed
with these guys.  (One is male, the other female...can't tell if they are
MF).  I did give them some ferretone (in a spoon) and they licked that up.

Troy Lynn-please help.  I don't have your address or I would have e-mailed
you privately.  Many thanks.

Francine Prager