From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 07:27:03 -0700
Last night I took Kyle to the vet for his first Lupron shot.  While we
were in the waiting room getting ready to check out, this obnoxious, loud
family comes in.  A mom, dad, and what looked like a 6 or 7 year old kid.
They were talking loud and laughing at themselves and being generally
annoying.

The kid went right over to Kyle's travel crate, which was sitting on a
bench behind me.  He yells "Mommy, mommy!  Look at this big hamster!" I
giggle and turn around to tell the kid it's actually a ferret.  He walks
away from me like I scared him.

So as I'm trying to get out the door, the mother walks up to me and peers
in the crate "Oh, wow, that is a really big hamster!"  He son goes "No,
mommy, it's a ferret!" To which the mother answers "Well, it's still just
a rodent!" So I try to correct her and she gasps "Oh my GOD, he is so BIG!
Is that all of him in there?" (Kyle's weighs nearly 4 pounds)  Then she
walks away muttering about how big it was and she had no idea, blah, blah,
blah.

I giggled all the way to the car.  Kyle's new nickname now is Hamster-boy.

=====
Aileen & the Herd
The Ferrets: Kyle, Noel, & Toby
The Dogs: Rootie the beagle, Tank the GSD/basset, & Sarah, the beagle
Still missing Sandy, Gizmo, & Slinky. We love you.

Check out the Herd's website at: http://www.geocities.com/anippy