From:
Paul Plagge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 22:21:26 -0700
Hi all.  I want to start my ferrets, Gizzy and Holly, on heartworm medicine.
Their vet first suggested Heartguard Plus chewables(ivermectin/pyrantel).
The product is recommended for dogs up to 25 lbs, and the vet said they
should eat an entire tablet.  The problem is that the tablet is
beef-flavored and rather large, and my ferrets will have no part of them.
Their vet now suggests Interceptor tablets (milbemycin oxime).  This is
recommended for dogs up to 10 lbs.  The doctor said it should be fine for
ferrets and to give them an entire tablet(2.3mg).  I was wondering what
other people are giving to their ferrets.  Has anyone heard of Interceptor,
and is it really okay for ferrets?  Also, is it necessary to give an entire
tablet?  Please e-mail me directly at [log in to unmask]  I'd
appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you,

Jill
Gizzy-goo & Holly-wog, too!